Anyone who knows me, knows I'm no sports fan. The person sitting grumpily in front of the TV while the rest of the family cheered on the national team in huge sporting championships? -- that was me. The person stomping around the swimming pool at my sister's countless galas? -- guilty again. So imagine my surprise when I felt myself get swept up in the buzz of the World Cup! Before anyone's hopes are raised about me being able to hold a conversation for longer than 5 minutes on anything sports related, it has nothing to do with the actual games (although the occasional interest does score me brownie points with Kirsty); but it made me realise how much I miss the sounds and colours of South Africa.
All the more exciting then to think that in 6 or so weeks, I will be landing in South Africa, with my ladypants in tow, for the first time in two years! Seeing her excitement about it has been the best part, and knowing that I will be able to show her all of my favourite places and people makes me itch to be sitting in that plane already! I'd be lying if i said I wasn't a little stressed by it all- such a short time, to try and squeeze the best out of SA for her first experience; but somehow, I think we will be just fine :)
xx

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.