Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Toffee Noses, Bonfires and Conquering the Tragus

Where do I start... it's been a very busy few weeks!!

Let's start at the toffee noses, shall we!? I was given the pleasure (cough!) of manning a stand for work, at a luxury show- boasting to be housing the worlds most covetable items under one roof, giving the public the chance to purchase these once-in-a-lifetime masterpieces. Everything from sports cars to antique furniture and fine art... and there I was, in the middle of it all! I struggle to think of a time I felt more out of place.
One after the other, these toffee-noses came pouring in... with money dripping off of them, and there I stood, with my £5 jumper, smiling at people I knew would never ordinarily be seen near the likes of yours truly.
On the first day, Mick Jagger came strolling past (alot shorter and scruffier than I would have imagined!) as well as some local actors, models, royalty etc. There were actual diamond-encrusted bags and stilletos passing me by, money by the truckload... and yet... NO manners! you would have thought with the vast majority of these people having been sent off to finishing school, they would know better, but SO rude and dismissive, that it made keeping cheerful quite testing! lol

Emerging with my diginity in shreds (not), we decided no better cure than to hang out with the most chilled people we could; so we packed our bags and headed off for a weekend in Stowmarket, out in the countryside, to see Kirsty's mom and friends. Kirsty's mates own this massive farm in the middle of nowhere, and every now and then they have a massive bonfire, and invite everyone they know over to camp on the farm, and enjoy some downtime...which we just LOVED! We slept in the back of a van (note to self: not the most comfortable night's sleep) and headed out the next morning to come back to London... very quick, but so nice to just get away from it all, even if only for two days.



And then, there's the conquered tragus... lol I've been wanting to have my tragus pierced for a VERY long time, but was soooo nervous of the pain! ANYWAY, I put it aside, marched into the shop last weekend, and had it done on the spot! Best of all, it didn't hurt one bit, and looks just as great as I'd imagined :) *yay for me* lol hope you all like it just as much when you see it for yourselves!


Just when things were starting to balance out, dear ladypants (who already has the knees of an old lady and pending operations) took a fall, and we spent an afternoon in A&E when she was unable to walk on her own... she emerged (after an excruciatingly long wait) with crutches, and an appointment to assess if they can move her needed op forward... they're still not 100% sure what the extent of the damage is... but she is in a lot of pain :(

With both of us working stupid, and being shattered when we do see each other, or conversations with each other in the evenings are usually quite limited; but the conversations we do have are CONSUMED with SA and our trip in 23 days (is that right ladypants?)-- she's got the countdown going, and quite frankly, we're so excited and anticipating the break, that just the thought has gotten us both through what otherwise i reckon would've been two incredibly taxing weeks! Accommodation, car hire, transfers and flights are booked. Knowing ladypants, we'll be packed a week in advance, and we will be SO ready for it when it comes! :)

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.