Friday, 3 December 2010

Oh the weather outside is FrIgHtFuL....

As I am sure you would  have seen from tv news, the snow has come down with force this week, across the UK. Now don't get me wrong, the snow is beautiful, crisp, magical even - but it brings with it SUCH inconvenience! Every year they seem "surprised" by the snow, and the whole public transport system falls apart. This year has seen people being stranded, having to abandon cars on the motorway, and even sleeping overnight on trains stuck in the middle of nowhere, with no heating or light! MaDneSS.
Add to that, we're hosting a fam trip to Mantis' ski lodge in Val d'Isere this weekend, and we're all waiting to know if our flights are going ahead as scheduled.

The snow starting to fall in our street...

Our car the next morning!

        



I hear you shouting "BACK UP - you're going WHERE!?!" hahaha you heard right, this old lady is going on an expenses-paid trip to a SKI LODGE in Val d'Isere for 3 nights! Before you ask, no, I have not skied before, no I'm not fit, and yes I know how many bruises and undignified moments await! BUT i also know what LUXURY I can look forward to!!






This past month has flown by - between visits to family, Kirsty's birthday and hectic work environments on both sides, life has felt like a bit of a whirlwind! As always, I've taken a bizillion pics, so here are a few...

MEETING RICHARD AND KERSTI'S LITTLE ONE, SEBASTIAN...



KIRSTY'S BIRTHDAY WEEKEND IN STOWMARKET...

Begin as you intend to continue? Well, we started on Thursday night and didn't stop until Monday!


at the comedy club on Thursday night

Getting ready to watch Harry Potter...




AN EVENING AT WINTER WONDERLAND IN HYDE PARK WITH DY...

KIRSTY'S DAD CAME TO LONDON FOR A NIGHT...



Not much other news to report from our side, really. Angela heads off to SA for Christmas, so no doubt have some serious bouts of homesickness heading my way! We're spending Christmas at Kirsty's mom's place this year, which is always great, and full of laughs; so indeed a sliver lining :)

Wedding plans are coming along... i THINK we've established a theme, and decided on the venue... now it's just saving the deposit to get it booked, and then agreeing on all the finer details. (Bracing my inner bridezilla, and hoping she doesn't make an appearance!)

Must get back to work... (we'll save that update for another day!)

xx








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.