Friday, 2 March 2012

A change would do us good!

So we're approaching that time in our lives, where it's time for more CHANGE! As if the past six months of Kirsty's new job, and us getting married wasn't enough, we're now looking to move out of London!

In just over 2 months, we will be country folk, setting up home in the "Garden of England" -Kent.
For a while now Kirsty and I have expressed a desire to slow the pace down a little. London living is so fast-paced, that even when you're home, you seldom feel completely relaxed. The first and last hours of our working days are spent pushing through (and being pushed) by hundreds of people, and often you find yourself wondering why exactly you choose this for yourself.

On the flip side, this is LONDON! The City where I, in many ways, found myself. Here I fell in love not only with this vibrant and ever-changing culture, but also with myself. I grew alot, and dealt with alot of my issues- realising I was all I had, and needed to treat myself with a bit more respect.
Here I have seen som of my all-time favourite artists performing live, watched West End Shows, whizzed around in many a black cab and London bus, and spent many a day appreciating the first-class museums and taking in all the famous sights.
I sound like we're moving to another country, it is only an hour or two out of London, but anyone who has made this transition will be able to tell you how very drastic it really is.

Another major reason for our move, and more specifically the location, is that with Kirsty's new job, she was moved to work from the company's flagship depot, based in Kent. Because the commute is so long, she currently wakes up at 4am most mornings, and more often than not is not home before 19h30 each night. Our evenings are spent getting dinner ready, and wolfing it down before she needs to go to bed at 21h00 to make sure she's rested enough before doing it all over again the next day.
We both have really stressful jobs and rely on the evening time to unwind, but with it being so rushed, neither of us rest properly, and feel like we hardly get to see each other. 
I have recently changed my role at work, and much of it can be done remotely, so am now preparing my presentation to my boss that I be based at home going forward, perhaps coming through to London once a week. *fingers crossed*

And so... the house-hunting begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.